Global Green has acquired the world-wide exclusive rights to manufacture, distribute, market and sell Salmogenics™, a patented vaccine that helps to combat the dangerous effects of salmonella in humans and animals.
Salmogenics is in its last stages of testing and trials before the final USDA approval for its commercial application for becoming an approved vaccine for in ovo (injected into the egg) vaccination.
Salmonella has a widespread distribution in the environment and certain host factors make humans particularly susceptible to infection. Salmonella’s increasing antimicrobial resistance, prevalence, virulence, and adaptability are a challenge worldwide. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that over 1 million people in the U.S. alone contract Salmonella each year, and that an average of 20,000 hospitalizations and almost 400 deaths occur from Salmonella poisoning. Worldwide, the numbers are much greater.
We believe that Salmogenics offers significant advantages over current salmonella vaccines available on the market:
- Our vaccine is injected in ovo (into the egg)
- Delivers effective and consistent results
- Reduces vaccine administration costs
- Offers efficient and consistent vaccine delivery
Additionally, trial studies indicate that the use of Salmogenics may:
1) Improve the performance of broilers, resulting in a healthier protein source, and
2) Reduce the use of antibiotics in poultry